10,909,567 (July 2021 est.)
Jordan officially the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, is a country in Western Asia. It is situated at the crossroads of Asia, Africa and Europe, within the Levant region, on the East Bank of the Jordan River. Amman is the nation's capital and largest city, as well as the economic, political, and cultural Centre. Jordan is a semi-arid country, covering an area of 89,342 km2 (34,495 sq mi), with a population of 10 million, making it the eleventh-most populous Arab country.
Average connection speed (Mbit/s) - 12.5
Broadband average connection speed (Mbit/s)- 67.35
Median 5G connection speed (Mbit/s)- 14.82
In Jordan the power plugs and sockets are of type C, D, F, G and J. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
PER CAPITA GDP
$10,071 (2019 est.)
$10,023 (2018 est.)
$10,010 (2017 est.)
note: data are in 2010 dollars
mostly arid desert; rainy season in west (November to April)
RESIDENCE- BY- INVESTMENT
The Jordan Citizenship by Investment
For those who desire to become citizens in this diverse and peaceful Arab country, the Jordan Citizenship by Investment Program is the most efficient way to acquire such status. The Jordanian government welcomes wealthy foreign individuals who wish to make a significant, qualified investment into the country that would boost the economy through foreign direct investment. Under this program, individuals and their immediate family members can become citizens of Jordan within three months.
- Minimum of $750,000
- Applicants are required to fulfill one of the following investment options in the country:
- Small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- Invest USD 750,000 in SMEs for a minimum period of three years
- Bank deposit
- Place a zero-interest deposit of USD 1 million at the Central Bank of Jordan (CBJ) for a minimum period of three years
- Treasury bonds
- Purchase treasury bonds valued at USD 1 million at an interest rate to be decided upon by the CBJ, held for a minimum period of six years
- Buy securities valued at USD 1 million from an active investment portfolio in Jordan, held for three yearsLocal job-creating project
- Invest USD 1.5 million in any location in Jordan (USD 1 million for a project that is registered outside Amman), provided the project creates at least 20 employment opportunities and is operational for a minimum of three years
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival access to 50 destinations
- Citizenship applicable to the whole family including the main applicant’s spouse, children (unmarried, widowed, or divorced daughters and sons under 18), and dependent parents
- Citizenship of a calm and stable country in the Middle East
- No minimum residence period required to retain citizenship
- Citizenship of a country that plays an active role in the UN and is a member of the World Trade Organization
- The average time is 3 months.
phosphates, potash, shale oil
Jordanian 69.3%, Syrian 13.3%, Palestinian 6.7%, Egyptian 6.7%, Iraqi 1.4%, other 2.6% (includes Armenian, Circassian) (2015 est.)
note: data represent population by self-identified nationality
Arabic (official), English (widely understood among upper and middle classes)
Muslim 97.1% (official; predominantly Sunni), Christian 2.1% (majority Greek Orthodox, but some Greek and Roman Catholics, Syrian Orthodox, Coptic Orthodox, Armenian Orthodox, and Protestant denominations), Buddhist 0.4%, Hindu 0.1%, Jewish <0.1%, folk <0.1%, other <0.1%, unaffiliated <0.1% (2020 est.)
total: 23.5 years
male: 23.9 years
female: 22.9 years (2020 est.)
urban population: 91.6% of total population (2021)
rate of urbanization: 0.98% annual rate of change (2020-25 est.)
total population growth rate v. urban population growth rate, 2000-2030
7.8 physicians/1,000 population (2017)
Parliamentary constitutional monarchy
19.1% (2019 est.)
18.61% (2018 est.)
note: official rate; unofficial rate is approximately 30%
Personal Income Tax Rate (highest marginal tax rate) – Personal Income tax rate highest marginal tax rate is 30%
Corporate Income Tax Rate (excluding dividend taxes) – The standard corporate income tax rate for most sectors is 20%.
Special Tax Regimes - Foreign income tax paid on income from sources outside Jordan is deductible if the income was subject to tax in that country according to the provisions of Jordan's Income Tax Law.
Jordan has deposited its instrument of ratification for the Multilateral Convention to Implement Tax Treaty Related Measures to Prevent Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (Multilateral Instrument) with the OECD.