Name of country
- The Caribbean
- The current population of Anguilla is 15,173 as of October 2021
- Anguilla is the most recent country to join the growing list of jurisdictions offering residency or citizenship by investment programs to entice foreign direct investment. Anguilla is pleased to announce two programs aimed at attracting high-net-worth individuals who aspire to become permanent residents of the island and benefit from its favorable tax environment.
- With speeds of up to 50 Mbps (download) and up to 10 Mbps (upload)
- The power plugs and sockets in Anguilla are type A. The standard voltage is 110 volts, with a 60 Hz frequency.
Per Capita GDP
- $12,200 (2008 est.)
- Tropical; moderated by northeast trade winds
- In June 2019, Anguilla launched its residency-by-investment scheme. The program is appealing to investors looking for a tax-advantaged dwelling. Unlike other Caribbean countries, such as St. Kitts and Antigua, Anguilla does not offer citizenship by investment or a second passport. Applicants can meet the requirements by investing in the Capital Development Fund or directly in real estate.
CAPITAL DEVELOPMENT FUND
- A single applicant's minimum investment is $150,000, plus $50,000 for each spouse or dependant. Fees for application, processing and due diligence are all extra.
REAL ESTATE INVESTMENT
- A minimum investment of $750,000 is required, with up to four family members eligible for residency. A $100,000 investment is required for each subsequent family member. Fees for application, processing and due diligence are all extra.
- A minimum of 5 years must be spent on the property. Homes, villas, condominiums, hotel units, and other types of property are all eligible. Prior to committing to the investment, investors can apply for conditional approval of the application.
- By giving the ability to remain in Anguilla year-round without being subject to immigration control, this is an appealing option for people who already have relationships here and want to formally declare Anguilla their second home.
- Migrants from highly developed countries can benefit from the transition to a low-tax jurisdiction that offers a slower pace of life, a clean environment, low air pollution, low crime rates, and relatively good quality of life, all while enjoying a tropical climate, amazing food, people, and beautiful beaches.
- It also appeals to those who continue to live abroad but want a different nation of residency for themselves and their family for tax planning and other reasons.
- Permanent Resident status can be a good way to become a British Overseas Territories Citizen and afterward a British Citizen.
TAX RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS
An applicant must meet the following qualifications to qualify for Tax Residency through Anguilla's High-Value Resident Program:
- Pay US $75,000 per year in annual worldwide income tax to Anguilla’s Treasury
- Own and maintain the property in Anguilla with a minimum value of US $400,000
- Spend at least 45 days per year in Anguilla
- Establish genuine links in Anguilla, such as bank accounts, memberships, and so on
- Declare that no more than 183 days per year has been spent in any other country
- Demonstrate the ability to readily transfer the first five years of tax payments
- Pay the program’s application and due diligence fees
- salt, fish, lobster
- African/Black 85.3%, Hispanic 4.9%, mixed 3.8%, White 3.2%, East Indian/Indian 1%, other 1.6%, unspecified 0.3% (2011 est.)
- English (official)
- Protestant 73.2% (includes Anglican 22.7%, Methodist 19.4%, Pentecostal 10.5%, Seventh Day Adventist 8.3%, Baptist 7.1%, Church of God 4.9%, Presbyterian 0.2%, Brethren 0.1%), Roman Catholic 6.8%, Jehovah's Witness 1.1%, other Christian 10.9%, other 3.2%, unspecified 0.3%, none 4.5% (2011 est.)
- total: 35.7 years
- male: 33.7 years
- female: 37.6 years (2020 est.)
- urban population: 100% of total population (2021) rate of urbanization: 0.47% annual rate of change (2020-25 est.)
- parliamentary democracy (House of Assembly); self-governing overseas territory of the UK
- 8% (2002)
Headline Personal Income Tax Rate (highest marginal tax rate) - 0%
Headline Corporate Income Tax Rate (excluding dividend taxes) - 0%
Territorial Tax / Worldwide Tax / Hybrid
- Anguilla is one of a small number of British Overseas Territories that serves as a tax haven. Offshore companies that earn income outside of their jurisdiction are not subject to taxation.
Special Tax Regimes
- Anguilla has one of the most advantageous tax systems in the world. There are no direct taxes on the island. Residents are exempt from paying income tax. There are no capital gains taxes. There is no inheritance tax. In addition, there is no corporate tax.